Sports Therapy is an aspect of healthcare that is concerned with the prevention of injury and the rehabilitation of the patient back to optimum levels of functional, occupational and sports specific fitness, regardless of age and ability.
Sports Massage is a massage therapy which utilises deep tissue techniques, with the aim of reducing muscular tension, discomfort and pain. The deep tissue massage techniques can be used to treat a wide variety of conditions.
Also known as pre-natal massage. It promotes relaxation and bonding, soothes nerves, and relieves a strained back and tired muscles in expectant mothers. As well as feeling relaxed, there are many benefits to having a pregnancy massage.
Things to consider
- If you are training for an event it is recommended to incorporate Sports massage into your plan to ensure you are in peak physical condition.
- Do not eat a big meal prior to appointment as you will be either lying down or actively performing exercise.
- Drink plenty of water pre and post appointment.
- Please be aware that Sports Massage may cause soreness but this should dissipate within 48hours.
- Do not schedule a workout for after your appointment as this may counter what is trying to be achieved.